Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Negligible Frustrations

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it was some cold inside my house yesterday and through Monday night up until mid afternoon yesterday!  Wouldn't you know it that one of the coldest temperature dips this winter for us and my furnace chose that night to call it quits.....!!!!

A Mobile Home Furnace from Alpine Home/Air Products

I was lucky though, I had space heaters going all around me and while I waited for the overworked furnace repair man to stop in and hopefully get it on the mend again.  Thank goodness for neighbors who came to my rescue right away with two heaters while I waited for the technical help to arrive.  My temperature inside the house was a mere 53 F.  It was a tad chilly to say the least.  53 degrees was rather cold and I had just replaced the old fashioned thermostat for a new Honeywell one.  At first I believed possibly by resetting the new thermostat I could get it to start up again but then I did that so many times and in the end around 3:45 a.m. I had myself convinced that I had confused the system with my repeated attempts to get the furnace to fire up.  Then another thought, what if the pilot light had gone out from the heavy winds we'd just experienced, but try as I might I simply could not locate the area where the pilot light was.  Once the repairman came and took a look at it I asked my dumb question, "where is the pilot light located" and was duly informed that these no longer held pilot lights but the mechanism that started the furnace was now a glow coil!  HUH!!! I didn't know that, apparently this furnace is different from the propane furnace that was installed a few years ago at my old residence.  I felt a tad dumb to say the least when the repairman informed me differently.   Now the furnace is fixed, up and running at a comfortable 69 degrees and I am no longer cold.  Yippee 

The sewing bug finally kicked in yesterday after all the fuss of the non-heat issue, and am sewing today, and I finished a table topper and am now working on the place mats, but, as my luck would have it, time for a new and as yet experienced frustration, now the camera and my computer do not seem to be working together.....talk about frustrating!   I spent a great deal of time this morning searching for the software or a fix and discovered if I want it again I must pay Samsung $19.95 U.S. for that privilege, and I still cannot fathom why or how I lost it, because it certainly was here right up until yesterday and Samsung cannot find my registration and I cannot find my receipt for the camera purchase last year, hence the need to purchase.  

Until I do find my way around this problem or purchase the software again I shall just have to wait to share these sewing project photo's with you at another time. 

Do you know others like me, always seem to be having a problem with something?  I seem always to be doing battle with something or other and get over that just in time to face another, always a Lucille Ball moment going on in my life.  Since these are mechanical and not personal or physical this time, so while frustrating, not overly important on a scale of 1 to 10, merely a 5 and eventually these will get righted and my sense of humor usually kicks in to defray most of the frustrations.   So, please bear with me, I have enough impatience for all of you,  but stamping my foot won't help me this time, LOL. 

It's weird how one moment all is well with your world and the next it can be turned on its end over something so small an item like a coil...or camera software.  

Soon I hope to share my latest project with you.

If you feel like commenting, please feel free to do just that.  I would be pleased to hear from you. 

Thank you for sharing some of your day with me, do come back, I promise to strive to be here when you knock!

How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section