Monday, March 18, 2013

Catching Up

Hey there, good afternoon to you!

I managed to get myself past St. Paddy's Day, the wearin oh the green as well as the shenanigans that most people around me who are not Irish tend to get up to 
and finally feel like I am almost human once again. 

My physical condition isn't what it was this time last year and this wacky weather had my bones in an uproar. 
I have over the past few weeks been taking lots of hot showers, then on a reading binge, (as one friend said to me, "you have an addiction" to books), learning to do some light yoga attempting to stretch out the joint kinks in my fingers, hips and knees, but, honestly not wanting to do very much and just making myself do only the necessary or even just whatever took my fancy, like exploring around Pinterest - what fun it is to be visiting sites that so many others find interesting and becoming interested in may of these sites myself.  If you have not yet had the Pinterest experience, you must try it, your certain to while away many hours there.
Today being sunny but extremely cold, I might just possibly be able to convince myself to do more than just lay around eating, reading and listening to the Easy Listening Galaxy music station and watching the brightly colored feathered friends who visit my feeders. 
Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal, a large family of blue jays, Mrs. Dove, the nut hatches and sparrows were here as well as Mrs. Black squirrel.  What a pleasure it is to see some of natures creatures up close.  Forgive the loss of color, not enough sunshine to filter through the screen on the window, but, still you can see them.

Today I am being serenaded by one song bird and so far I haven't been able to spot it. Soon as I do I hope to capture it on film to share with you what a glorious sound it is. 
On Friday I actually got myself out of doors to visit and have some quality time with family, especially my new wee granddaughter, Ella, who looked long and hard at me wondering who this new person was!   It has been months since I first made contact with her and being just 5 months of age I am sure she would have forgotten who grandma was.... she is just too sweet for words and I held and played with her as long as she would allow it.  
Ella has Blue Eyes, the only one on my side of the family and a girl so this makes her extra,extra special. 
Sitting with her dad while at the restaurant


As her granny I know I am biased, but here she is wishing all of us a Great St. Paddy's Day - isn't she just adoreable?


As I had already cut fabrics to make my buzz saw blocks and upon sewing them together I soon discovered some of these don't go together too well because I had somehow neglected to cut the strips the proper size, after scratching my head and whining about it I have had to set them aside to work on at another time when I'm not feeling so dissatisfied with my abilities....

I have found a new FREE Quilt pattern over at Quiltmag.com  to share with you and you can find it here, this is my type of quilt lately, so filled with color.
Please, everyone, when your speaking with Ms. Spring, ask her to hurry my way, I simply cannot take this bone chilling cold anymore, I really want to see the narcissus and daffodils gently swaying in a warm spring breeze.... 

This is enough of me for today so go and grab yourselves a box of Crayolas and have a wonderfully bright filled day, but, before you go sing along with me in wishing my best friend a HAPPY Butterfly BIRTHDAY




Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon.  A happiness weapon.  A beauty bomb.  And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one.  It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air.  Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas.  And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight.  Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in.  With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest.  And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination.  ~Robert Fulghum

2 comments:

  1. That certainly is an adorable baby!
    So sorry that you too are feeling under the weather, hope you'll be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina, how very sweet of you to say so, I of course am biased but what grandparent isn't? This wacky weather of ours has be up and down and with moisture in abundance, so are the pains - LOL. Hopefully one of those Groundhogs got it right?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section