Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday Rambles

Ulla is a Quilting Teacher who lives in Finland and who also blogs.  WOW I am enthralled by her talents and how freely she shares and teaches in her Tutorials.   I was drawn by the mention of Sun Dyeing, and sure enough here on her blog is a beautiful themed quilt and pillow which Ulla did herself.  She also shares the link for anyone interested to the actual Sun Dyeing site and there is where you will see how the actual technique comes about. 
This is what caught my interest at first:
Having gone to tour Ulla's Quilt World site to see this beautiful quilt and matching pillows, I somehow, like Alice lost myself inside the blog.  Her skills and talents are fantastic at least I think so. 

I know Ulla is not the only foreign quilt teacher with a blog, I just haven't found them all yet.  I so enjoy my visits and oooh and aaah over the craftsmanship I find there.

This morning I was outside caring for the plants and flowers, got some waling exercise which I really needed.  Returning from my walk I noticed just how yucky my windows looked to I made busy with cleaning them (14 in all)!  They get so dirty because of the heavy traffic that flies past my house.  My living room windows face the road and all of the dust kicked up from cars and farm equipment travelling past leaves a residue of dust on the windows.  Thank heavens the windows are so easy to clean and the polyurethane sills are just as easy to take care of too.  I want all of the sun shine I can possibly get to come into my home.

After cleaning the windows I decided it was time to come here and share my rambles with you, I certainly needed the rest and a nice steaming cup of coffee and another mystery tour around the Quilting web-world.

Now it is time once again to bid you adieu and get back to finishing what I should have finished Monday.  I confess I have been distracted..oh well that's not a big deal having only myself to care for I have all the time in the world, not!!!

Thank you for stopping in and I leave you with this wonderful quote I found which makes more sense to me now than ever before.....

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.  ~Mahatma Gandhi

  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section