Monday, June 9, 2014

Activated the Week

Hello, it's Monday and I have clicked on the appropriate button to activate my busy week ahead...
My day began well with a KA-CHINGGGGG from Etsy!  Sold a collectible little handbag and so happy about that because someone is loving this vintage little piece!  
When it was delivered to me from my friends "collector/hoarders" house I immediately pictured it on Audrey Hepburns' wrist!  
See, it is not just so Hepburn?  I remember the late 50's early 60's when all girls of my age then were making every effort to dress in the Hepburn fashion.  I so loved her swanky sleek look and those coats with the wide cuffs, and the pill box hats she wore.. Her beautiful wide innocent eyed look, her gorgeous smile, her pixie hair cut, her always fresh look and that famous little black dress she wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's!   Givenshy's Muse..  Admittedly I did all I could to emulate her style away back when!  You have to admit that lady had class of her own!




The long and short of this tiny handbag is that it sold and will leave here for its' new home tomorrow...far far away...

Today, many more vintage treasures were unearthed.  The more my friend and her band of volunteers work their way further into the main floor and more they find and the more I try to grab if I believe it is a valuable piece of nostalgia.  There are treasures and there is junk and lastly there is garbage the worst is how expensive it is to get rid of the garbage.   It is the Treasures I am most interested in and even though I hesitate to say it out loud I am thoroughly enjoying the hours of research into each and every piece I bring home.  
Once I determine the provenance of an item it can then listed at BYGONERA  for sale! 

An Antique dealer is now at the house so I scooted out of there with my found treasures as quickly as I could so that he would not take back what it was I wanted to list..
Tomorrow another Antique shop owner is arriving and with his two doggies, that means I will have four doggies in my home and their all small breeds, meaning they probably won't be nice to one another, oh my goodness, don't know what I want to do about that!  Being in the Antique business is very interesting with many dealers having such varied interests. 

I began working on my foster dog Molly yesterday - her fur is so very matted and she needs immediate attention.  Now that she is becoming more used to me she allowed me to work on her four paws yesterday and a bit this morning, that is beginning to make her feel much better I think!

Finally, I haven't emptied my van from the Farmers' Market I was at last Friday, took things to sell from The Bag Lady From The Bay shop, so thinking I may as well leave them there because I am returning there for another try this coming Friday.  I didn't sell one piece last week but maybe I will get lucky and sell something this week?  I made a new quilted tote last week but have not yet found the time to list it, I'll do that next.  So many people handled the quilted bags and purses but no one seems to really need another bag!!!  Oh well, all I can do is try.  Everything quilted will come around again as it does with fashions.  

It will be a rather busy week for me, tomorrow the Antique Shop owner and his entourage and then back home here to rest up, then on Wednesday a research day for paintings and antique pieces I brought home with me this afternoon, Thursday is the day Ontarians' go to the polls to select a new Premier and party to govern, (well they call it governing, I have a different slant on that, but my thoughts are best left in the drawer, where all political and religious beliefs are being stored), Thursday evening I must cook or bake something for a pot luck supper event being held for the International Students and Host families get together on Friday evening,  Friday the market, then quickly home to change, grab whatever it is I am taking for pot luck and head on out to Brockville, Ontario for the event...hopefully Saturday and Sunday will be better rest up days..

Have I tuckered you out with all of my activities this week?  If I have I apologize,  but then again I am certain you all have weeks like this, possibly not the same activities but business all the same.  I will be happy if my friend can divest that house of all its stuff and earn something from all inside of it then she can go ahead and restore it.  She has some wonderful ideas and once the place has been emptied and cleaned she can make decisions on exactly what it is she would love to do with it! 

Thanks for stopping in today for a visit, having company is so much fun and your being here is a special treat.  I would enjoy hearing from you with any comments you may have, so, if you do have something you wish to share or say to me, please leave a comment, I promise I will respond...in the meantime have a wonderful evening, morning, or afternoon from wherever it is your reading this from and hopefully we shall see each other again tomorrow. 



I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.  ~Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section